There are a lot of circumstances why your internet connection could result from low speed. Here are some tips to improve your speed connection.
What is considered good internet speed?
The good internet speed is at least 100 Mbps, and the good upload speed is at least 10 Mbps. This is the range of speed with which you can surf the internet, use multiple platforms, and play online games at the same time.
If you are looking for a great internet speed connection, you can find the plan gigFAST INTERNET of RTA. This internet company guarantees the best speed for uploading and downloading.
Tips to improve the speed of your internet connection
How to potentially increase your internet speed
- Try to put the Wi-Fi devices closer to your router.
- Install a WiFi extender to cover more space, you can also add a mesh system to make multiple connections pieces of hardware and it can extend the range more in your home.
- Upgrade your plan to a broadband plan with a good internet provider.
- Try to keep your gateway and devices away from the obstruction. Standard devices like microwaves or baby monitors can interfere with the router and they can divert the signal for this your internet connection speed can be slow.
- Try to keep the battery of your laptop charged, sometimes when the laptop gets low battery the system starts to have a problem and the speed of your internet connection can be affected by the drop in performance as the power saving of the system.
- If you are in a video conference with a VPN it can decrease the performance of your connection.
- Try cleaning the browser cache and cookies of the system.
- Try to update the antivirus software of your computer.
- Turn off the devices connected to the internet when you are not using them. You can also restart your devices regularly.
What else can you do to improve your speed connection?
- Try not to have many devices connected at the same time. Each connected device uses some of the bandwidth generating slow speed connection.
- Multiple devices connected that use a lot of bandwidth can affect your speed connection, for example, like gaming, videoconferences, downloading large files, and more.
- A lot of traffic from VPN.